spam.assassin.prefs.conf not being read - was Re: Problem with ALL_TRUSTED since 4.48

Brian Lewis test at NEXTMILL.NET
Thu Dec 22 16:25:34 GMT 2005

Ok after further testing on another server I find that using a different
SA.pm doesn't fix the issue.  The only 'work around' I have found is to
place a copy of all the .cf files into /usr/etc/mail/spamassassin that I
already have in /etc/mail/spamassassin.
Basically spamassassin properly uses /etc/mail/spamassassin when launched
command line or from web php test, but if MailScanner 4.49.4-1 calls up
SpamAssassin, it will not load the cf files from /etc/mail/spamassassin
Thus my 'snfilter.cf' that exists in that folder isn't included in the
Mailscanner called upon SA.

Hopefully we could fix this in future versions so that the .cf files that
already exist in /etc/mail/spamassassin are included.  Or at least
document that we must move those files into /usr/etc/mail/spamassassin if
thats the perl site dir for SA which it is in my case.