Reduction in Spam?

John Wilcock john at TRADOC.FR
Wed Dec 21 12:11:25 GMT 2005

Drew Marshall wrote:
> I am not convinced by this article as my stats read quite differently!

I have actually seen a reduction in incoming spam - am I the exception?

See http://www.tradoc.fr/spamstats.pdf - this is for a very low volume
site with just 6 users. Incoming spam levels dropped off noticeably
about 12 months ago (which may be related to the fact that the IP
address for our primary MX changed, though then again it may be just a
coincidence) and continued to fall until about April. There's been a
slight upward trend since, but nothing like previous levels.

In any case the article isn't isn't clear as to whether less spam is
actually being sent or whether filters are simply getting more effective
or more widespread.

John.

--
-- Over 2700 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com