Will milter-greylist solve my directory harvest attacks?

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 22:48:48 GMT 2005

On 12/15/05, Matt Kettler <mkettler at evi-inc.com> wrote:
      Further follow-up.. milter-sender is the exact opposite of
      what we're talking
      about here. That validates the sender, not the recipient.

      Perhaps milter-ahead could be used here, but not
      milter-sender.

I don't use any of them but obviously milter-ahead sounds like a better
fit. I still don't see how you can invalidate recipients on a relay
without it though. Sendmail uses its mailertable file to see if it can
deliver to, for example, an Exchange server further in, it can not
validate the left side of the mail address and will send everything to
Exchange.

/Peter