Strange scoring problem

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Wed Dec 14 15:31:18 GMT 2005

Sam wrote on         Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:03:54 +0100:

> Perharps I have to define all the scores ... if one score is not defined
> in spam.assassin.prefs.conf, it is taken from /usr/share/mailscanner ?
> I thought mailscanner take the scores from spam.assassin.prefs.conf for
> calculating the unknown scores ... it doesn't appear to be that.

Scores are taken from any *.cf file in the spamassassin config dirs, which
are /etc/mail/spamassassin and /usr/share/spamassassin by default. Do not
change anything in the latter, that is what comes with the distribution. I
really suggest reading the SA documentation and subscribing to the SA list
and may it just be for reading. If you want to tweak something it's likely
the SA side and not MS.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany