Questions about installing MailScanner

shuttlebox shuttlebox at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 12 16:26:04 GMT 2005

On 12/12/05, Mike Wagner <mike at woco-k12.org> wrote:
      I'm looking at adding MailScanner to our existing
      environment.  We have a
      RH9 server, with Sendmail.  I've configured Sendmail to use
      authentication.
      I've also configured many aliases, and rely heavily on these
      types of
      features of sendmail.

      If I install MailScanner, will I lose those functionalities
      of Sendmail??
      Will everything I've configured still work, including
      authentication?

MailScanner doesn't require any special MTA config, you just need to
separate the receive and delivery part by starting two Sendmail processes
instead of the standard combined one. MailScanner takes care of this by
disabling your Sendmail start script and providing its own. You should be
fine.

/Peter