trimming the logging

Chris Hammond chris at TAC.ESI.NET
Sun Dec 11 15:38:32 GMT 2005

I had the same problem, go to the Logwatch web site and get the latest
version.  It has a much better output.

Chris

>>> craigwhite at AZAPPLE.COM 12/11/05 8:52 am >>>
I get LogWatch every day and because of the mail volume, it is
punitively large.

**Unmatched Entries**
 I get thousands of these types of entries (undoubtedly 1 for each email
received)...

   4D7A424F84A.3BCBB to C57F424F84B : 1 Time(s)

and one of these for each email (postfix MTA -  mail pulled down by
fetchmail)

**Unmatched Entries**

E6D0124F84C: hold: header Received: from unknown by CryptoWall via
esmtpp (Version 3.10.0.2.3.10.0.0) id /var/KryptoWall/smtpp/kwzNGUFt;
Sat Dec 10 01:59:47 2005 from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1];
from=<SRS0+s9+b+77+=@mail15.alevelhigher.com>
to=<craig at localhost.azapple.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<localhost>

and thus today's LogWatch was 9.1 megabytes which is painful to look at.

Are there any suggestions to minimize all this?

Thanks

Craig

Support MailScanner development -  buy the book off the website!

believed to be clean.