Email Notifications

ShaunM [MailShield] smcguane at MAILSHIELD.COM.AU
Thu Dec 8 22:07:24 GMT 2005

Julian,

That's no issue I have been doing so. However it does not seem to grab the
reports from the specified directories and do anything with it. I am
wondering if it's because im using a whm/cpanel version of mailwatch which
is available from configserver.com which seems to lack any reporting tools
directory.

The only report I get and it does not use one of my custom reports is with
being a blocked file. The email I get with the report is just embedded in
the original email.

I have modified every report in the reports directory to be a html report
which looks much better but it wont pull them up or use them.

I just cant seem to get any emails with any reports at all.

Thanks
Shaun

-----Original Message-----
Of Julian Field
Sent: Friday, 9 December 2005 1:00 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Email Notifications

You can change all the reports to anything you like, they are all in
the etc/reports/en directory (if you are using en=english). The ones
with From and To and Subject headers can be easily replaced with
complete MIME messages including the MIME headers and the plain text
and HTML contents of the messages.

Send yourself a message suitable for using in a report and look at
the raw message source. You can put this into quite a few of the
MailScanner report files.

On 8 Dec 2005, at 04:36, Shaun McGuane wrote:

> Heyas,
>
> I have a question or 2 for this list. I hope you guys can help here.
>
> 1. Is there a way to change the delivery notifications for blocked
> content
> and other various things to a html notification. I use mailscanner
> as a
> managed service and i would like to be able to notify using html
> not txt. An
> example is the attachment that comes along on an email if something is
> blocked. I would prefer it just to send an email to the receipient
> or the
> sender to notify it was blocked for a reason and not the original
> message be
> quarantined or deleted.
>
> 2. Are there any people out there that can customise mailscanner and
> mailwatch to be able to provide reporting to my customers who use
> it. I am
> willing to pay for this as an addon or someone to program this. I
> feel that
> my customers should get a report each month that has my template of my
> business as a design and they can see all the pretty information
> such as pie
> charts and breakdowns for there organisation.
>
> Thanks
> I look forward to your replies
> Shaun McGuane
> MailShield