Want spam lists to have spamassassin score and not spam list count in MS

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Dec 8 19:54:01 GMT 2005

Chris W. Parker wrote:
> Matt Kettler <mailto:mkettler at EVI-INC.COM>
>     on Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:18 AM said:
>

>>You should see SpamAssassin's use of RBLs show up as a bunch of
>>RCVD_IN_* rules.
>

> Ahh great! That means it's been working all along.
>

>>See /usr/share/spamassassin/20_dnsbl_tests.cf if you want to see the
>>gory details.
>>
>>(note: don't edit this file. If you want to add your own tests, do so
>>in /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf)
>

> What if I just want to increase the score for each rule? Do I need to do
> that in a separate file as well?

I would suggest doing so, yes.

The problem with editing files in /usr/share/spamassassin is that SA assumes it
owns those files. When you upgrade SA versions, it will simply rm -f
/usr/share/spamassassin/*. Poof, all your changes up in smoke.

I personally like to do my adjustments of scores all in one cf file.
/etc/mail/spamassassin/rescore.cf

This file will just contain a bunch of score statements, and comments explaining
them, kinda like this:

#FPs very high on this rule due to mailscanner.info
score INFO_TLD 0.5