Outgoing mail getting blocked

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Wed Dec 7 22:08:44 GMT 2005

Ed Wallig spake the following on 12/7/2005 1:22 PM:
> Hi,
>
> Using MailScanner and ClamAV - I sometimes need to send zipped
> executables to my remote locations for software patches, etc (no FTP).
> MailScanner is catching the exe file in the zip file and kicking it
> back. Granted, I can change the extension to .xyz or something like that
> before zipping it but I'd like to write a rule that allows these files
> from my domain if it comes from my internal mail server - is that
> possible? If so, can someone provide an example?
>
> If its not possible, is there another alternative that leaves the
> extension scanning functionality in place but allows outbound delivery
> for certain files?
>

> Thanks,
>
>  - Ed Wallig
Ed,
Look for this in MailScanner.conf;

# The maximum depth to which zip archives will be unpacked, to allow for
# checking filenames and filetypes within zip archives.
#
# Note: This setting does *not* affect virus scanning in archives at all.
#
# To disable this feature set this to 0.
# A common useful setting is this option = 0, and Allow Password-Protected
# Archives = no. That block password-protected archives but does not do
# any filename/filetype checks on the files within the archive.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Maximum Archive Depth = 0

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |