adding a reject reason to spam messages

Erick Perez eaperezh at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 7 15:28:47 GMT 2005

ok i will then move spam to quarantine and do nothnig at mta, i will test
for a few days them.
the main reason was that if AOL is doing is, then why not me... ;)

On 12/7/05, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:
      Sam Przyswa wrote on         Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:08:04 +0100:

      > I have the same problem with a customer of mine, some
      sender are on
      > blacklisted ip bloc or blacklisted ISP mail server, and the
      mails are
      > quietly rejected by MailScanner,

      Why does Mailscanner *reject* them? You should not do this!
      Rejection
      after MTA stage should only be used in rare circumstances
      because there
      are a 1.000 innocent victims for one rejected mail from a
      legitimate
      sender.

      > 2 days ago he loosed an important mail from
      > its lawyer because of
      > that.

      Why don't you whitelist his lawyer?

      Kai

      --
      Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
      Get your web at Conactive Internet Services:

      Before posting, read the Wiki (
      http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and
      the archives
      (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

      Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the
      website!