Log Analysis

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Tue Dec 6 16:16:37 GMT 2005

I have never gotten MailWatch working either. Mysql always denies access to
the MailWatch user, even it has full priv to all hosts and all databases. I
can go to the command line and connect to the database with *exactly* the
same parameters that the MailWatch error gets a denied from, so there is
something in the code that is wrong, or it's using the wrong protocol or
something. I have never really bothered to determine what is wrong as I use
this particular MySql host for about 50 databases and ever single
application (third party or mine) can connect the first time every time
except MailWatch. Granted I use mostly php and not perl. Furthermore I
created a php page that displays the user table from MailWatch's mailscanner
database using the exact same host, table, user and password as it set in
MailWatch.pm and it connects and works fine. I can use the MailWatch
information to connect/update/insert/delete data in the mailscanner
database from any application except MailWatch. In fact I can actually use
the MailWatch php frontend and it works fine, except of course there is
nothing being logged but the SA rules import and GeoIp stuff updates fine as
well. I have the latest DBI, MySql 4.1.12, everything else tests fine so I
am at a loss as to what the problem is. Perhaps I will look at it again
today.

And to make it more interesting when you try and stop mailscanner it hangs
and requires a kill command to die.

Rick

believed to be clean.