Whitelisting using 70_sare_whitelist_rcvd.cf

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at CHIME.UCL.AC.UK
Tue Dec 6 09:08:54 GMT 2005

Hi,

> I'm trying to use the white list .cf file from
> http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm#whitelist, the file being
> 70_sare_whitelist_rcvd.cf. Can I redirect MS to look at these rules
> which contain the follow directives?
>

> whitelist_from_rcvd
>

> -Or- is there another way of adding the contents of this file to
> another file? So far today, I have not seen any of these whitelisting
> rules take affect so I believe just by placing the .cf file in
> /path_to_your_cf does not work. Does MS recognize whitelist_from_rcvd
> and what's the best place to put it?

That is a SpamAssassin rule file.  You need to place it in your
SpamAssassin site rules directory, on my system that is
/etc/mail/spamassassin.  Just copy it into that directory, you don't
need to change any other settings.  You will need to restart
MailScanner so that it rereads the config and rules files.

--
Anthony Peacock
"Computer  software  consists of  only  two  components: