MailScanner Rules question

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Mon Dec 5 15:37:10 GMT 2005

Ok that seems workable.

Added to blacklist ruleset where x.x.x.x is our netblock
From:	webmaster at med.wayne.edu and From: x.x.x.x        no
From: webmaster at med.wayne.edu         yes

Added to spam actions ruleset
From:   webmaster at med.wayne.edu and From: x.x.x.x     deliver

From:   webmaster at med.wayne.edu         delete

I noticed that whitelist ruleset does trump because I had set x.x.x.x to
specific IP but because I also had a netblock rule in the whitelist
ruleset the messages were still being whitelisted regardless of what IP
address (in our netblock) the webmaster message came from.  Since most
of this junk is coming from outside our network, then setting it so only
webmaster mails can come from machines in our netblock should be ok.

-=Bobby