MailScanner stoped working after PERL upgrade (I think so)

[UTF-8] Boris Jordanov / Борис Йорданов boris.jordanov at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 5 15:32:51 GMT 2005

Julian Field wrote:
> Just before line 332 of Postfix.pm, there are 4 "print STDERR" lines.
> Please uncomment these lines (remove the # from the start of the
> line), and run MailScanner in Debug=yes mode. This should make it
> print a bunch of numbers, please show me what it prints.

[root at im MailScanner]# ll /var/spool/postfix/hold/
total 4
-rwx------  1 postfix postfix 985 Dec  5 17:26 459D616FBD

[root at im MailScanner]# service MailScanner restart
Shutting down MailScanner daemons:
         MailScanner:                                      [FAILED]
         incoming postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
         outgoing postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
Starting MailScanner daemons:
         incoming postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
         outgoing postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
         MailScanner:       In Debugging mode, not forking...
MsgContSize=459 DataOffset=0 NumRecips=0
Content size = 459
Data offset  = 0
Num Recips   = 0
Can't call method "DropFromBatch" on unblessed reference at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Postfix.pm line 332.
                                                           [  OK  ]

The update last night was perl, perl-MailTools (not sure, i should see
if I can find the logwatch report) and almost sure - not postfix.