MailScanner stoped working after PERL upgrade (I think so)

[UTF-8] Boris Jordanov / Борис Йорданов boris.jordanov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:05:21 GMT 2005

Julian Field wrote:
> It didn't give you a line number did it?
> And what does the end of the maillog look like when it's just bombed
> out with this?
>
> And does this patch to Postfix.pm fix the problem?

After the patch:

/var/log/maillog

Dec  5 16:58:52 im MailScanner[9011]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner
version 4.48.4 starting...
Dec  5 16:58:53 im MailScanner[9011]: Read 683 hostnames from the
phishing whitelist
Dec  5 16:58:53 im MailScanner[9011]: lock.pl sees Config  LockType =  flock
Dec  5 16:58:53 im MailScanner[9011]: lock.pl sees have_module =  0
Dec  5 16:58:53 im MailScanner[9011]: Using locktype = flock

And nothing more, the second MailScanner process does not start

[root at im MailScanner]# service MailScanner restart
Shutting down MailScanner daemons:
         MailScanner:                                      [FAILED]
         incoming postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
         outgoing postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
Starting MailScanner daemons:
         incoming postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
         outgoing postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
         MailScanner:       In Debugging mode, not forking...

The same here. This time no error messages, but the mail is not
checked/delivered.

[root at im MailScanner]# ll /var/spool/postfix/hold/
total 8
-rwx------  1 postfix postfix 1130 Dec  5 16:54 09E3416FBD
-rwx------  1 postfix postfix 2101 Dec  5 14:51 7392E16FD4