MailScanner stoped working after PERL upgrade (I think so)

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 5 12:39:58 GMT 2005

    [ The following text is in the "KOI8-R" character set. ]

On 05/12/05, Boris Jordanov / âÏÒÉÓ êÏÒÄÁÎÏ× <boris.jordanov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Glenn Steen wrote:
> > On 05/12/05, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > (snip)
> >
> >>As said, I'm having a brain-fade-day, but don't those calls need be
> >>"$meddage->{DropFromBatch}();"?
>
> postcat parsed the two files in the hold directory with no
> errors/complains/... I think they are valid.
>
> $message{DropFromBatch}(); produces
>

> Can't use string ("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use at
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Postfix.pm line 332
>
> argh...

Hm, somethings strange... The lines arount 332 is
    # If the data offset is 0 then Postfix definitely hasn't finished
    # writing the message.
    unless ($DataOffset+0 > 10) { # 10 == arbitrary small number
      $message->DropFromBatch();
      return 0;
    }

.... Hm, is the "$message{DropFromBatch}();" without the "->" in the
code too? Oh well, I can't seem to think straight, so... Better hope
someone with a clearer head sees this.... I'm probably just being
incredibly dense ATM:-):-)

--
-- Glenn