MailScanner stoped working after PERL upgrade (I think so)

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 5 12:00:16 GMT 2005

    [ The following text is in the "KOI8-R" character set. ]

On 05/12/05, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/12/05, Boris Jordanov / âÏÒÉÓ êÏÒÄÁÎÏ× <boris.jordanov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi MailScanners. Last night, after (i think so) a Perl upgrade to
> > perl-5.8.6-18 (Fedora Core 4, selinux disabled) MailScanner stoped
> > working. The setup is MailScanner+Postfix+SpamAssassin+Pyzor. For the
> > moment SpamAssassin+Pyzor are not active.
> > When I saw the problem I've upgraded MailScanner to 4.48.4-2(rpm) but no
> > change.
> > The mail makes it's way to the hold directory, and when it comes to
> > MailScanner (Debug=yes):
> >
> > Can't call method "DropFromBatch" on unblessed reference at
> > /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Postfix.pm
> >
> > This is the one and only debug line and the proces dies. When
> > SpamAssassin is enabled there is much more output, but everything before
> > this line looks perfect.
> >
> > Any ideas/help?
> >

> Aside from the perl issue you seem to have, is the files in hold
> really valid queue files (check with postcat)? That member sub will
> only be invoked if it/they are not fully written.
>
> Can't really say I have any ideas about the perl thing though (having
> a "brain-fade-day" here:-).

As said, I'm having a brain-fade-day, but don't those calls need be
"$meddage->{DropFromBatch}();"?

--
-- Glenn (with a terrible cold, feeling exceptionally dense...:)