Blocking emails that claim to come from our domain

Nigel kendrick support-lists at PETDOCTORS.CO.UK
Sun Dec 4 21:05:17 GMT 2005

Apologies if the answer to this is staring me in the face - I have done a
few searches but without any luck.

We are seeing a steady stream of emails from
adsl-70-248-164-89.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net[70.248.164.89] that claim to come
from an address in our domain (i.e.: admin at ourdomainname.com) and contain
the usual stuff about verifying passwords, mail accounts being suspended
etc. All legitimate users have to login to send mail so what's the most
effective and simple way to block mail from external sources that contain
our domain name? At the moment I am just putting the subjects in a
spamassassin rule but it's a bit of a 'blunt' way of trapping them.

Thanks

Nigel Kendrick