Viruses apparently getting through

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Dec 4 16:36:36 GMT 2005

Corrupted viruses are surprisingly common. It always makes me wonder how
this happens. The other thing that happens is they turn into 0-length
files. Everything else about the message looks exactly like the virus,
just the attachment has no data in it. Never figured that one out
either, unless it's a broken virus scanner doing it. I hope MailScanner
doesn't ever do that!

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.