SA 3.1.0 scoring a lot of messages on this list rather high..

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 3 12:04:58 GMT 2005

On 03/12/05, Dhawal Doshy <dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com> wrote:
> Matt Kettler wrote:
> > It would appear that references to the wiki cause a strong-scoring SA 3.1.0 rule
> > to fire off. "URI_NO_WWW_INFO_CGI", which matches URIs to CGI scripts in the
> > info tld that don't start with www.  wiki.mailscanner.info matches the hostname
> > requirements, and direct links to various PHP sub-pages containing a ? cause a
> > match for the cgi part.
> >

> > This rule scores rather high, particularly for set3 users:
> > score URI_NO_WWW_INFO_CGI 3.280 3.241 3.792 4.100
> >
> > And it double-fires with INFO_TLD:
> >
> > score INFO_TLD 1.373 0.813 1.457 1.273
> >
> > Giving messages with links to the wiki a >5.3 point penalty just for linking
> > articles in the wiki (rather harsh).  This is contributing to some FPs on this
> > list.
> >
> > Users might want to check and either whitelist this list, or adjust the scores
> > of those rules.
>
> If it helps anyone, i am using these 2 lines in my sa prefs to whitelist
> the list.
>
> whitelist_from_rcvd owner-mailscanner at jiscmail.ac.uk ictmailer1.itd.rl.ac.uk
> bayes_ignore_from owner-mailscanner at jiscmail.ac.uk
>
> - dhawal

With the risk of reopening the debate of what shoud go in
mailscanner.cf, or not... Wouldn't that be rather nice defaults for
Jules to add? Or perhaps after any move of the list, amended to the
new service .....:)

--
-- Glenn