New feature: "Reject Message"

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Fri Dec 2 22:08:52 GMT 2005

Julian Field spake the following on 12/2/2005 1:24 AM:
> I agree that the feature could be mis-used, just like a lot of things
> in MailScanner. However, it was requested by a user who had a very
> specific set of circumstances for which he needed to be able to do this.
>
> On 1 Dec 2005, at 21:31, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>

>>>The main problem I see with "Reject message" is that people will get a
>>>reject message that did not necessarily send the mail. F.i. the
>>>typical
>>>annoying virus rejection notice. Since the rejection is done after
>>>acceptance of the mail it will go back to the envelope sender and not
>>>rejected to the offending MTA.
>>>Or do I misunderstand this setting?

Julian,
We should all be grateful for the work you and the other contributors do
with MailScanner. How many other pieces of software get new features
pretty much on request, and all of them passed on to the community at
large! I have no complaints, especially since you usually add these
features and ship them disabled by default so as not to cause confusion
and problems.

Hats off to you! And a great big thank you!

If the PTB's don't spring for the book by the first of the year, I am
just going to break down and buy it myself!

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |