GreyListing experiences

Peter Bonivart peter.bonivart at LKPG.VISIT.SE
Thu Dec 1 23:29:28 GMT 2005

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> But I have a question. When I restart milter-greylist sendmail gets
> refused the socket connection. I found that I have to restart
> milter-greylist, sendmail and then milter-greylist again to stop this. How
> can this be avoided?

That's probably because the greylist socket has to be available to
sendmail at all times. Have you tried HUPing sendmail? Otherwise restart
greylist first and then sendmail. If sendmail can't find greylist it
will just complain and get on with it. No big problem.