(OT) Postfix Virtual

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Thu Dec 1 13:32:45 GMT 2005

On Thu, December 1, 2005 13:13, Pete Russell wrote:
> Thanks for your response, only draw back is that i have half a dozen
> domains on these machines now, some already virtual and therefore i
> would have no way of seperating the duplicates?

No worries but I am confused by your duplicates problem. If the user is
currently listed in a virtual domain, just remove that domain from the
virtual list in main.cf and add it to the local domain list, or have I
totally missed the mark?

> The 2 new domains in my example, the address books are Lotus Domino on
> NT4 - so LDAP only, which i currently query with perl to build recipient
> maps (which cuts 50%+ of mail off at helo :), i also query AD for a
> couple of domains. I am modifying one of these scripts to build my maps
> automatically, but i am running behind, at this time i just need to
> decom one Domino server that currently does the aliasing.
>
> I will use Glenn's example /^pete at .*domain1\.tld/ pete1 at domain3.tld for
> the format of the map and make them manually doing view exports from the
> NAB and mail merge for tomorrow :)

Good luck! Hope it all goes well.

> Thanks very much for your advice, much appreciated

No worries.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy