Clustering MS

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Tue Aug 30 13:11:23 IST 2005

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 19:58, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Hi!
>
> >> Buy the professional version.
> >
> > "Cluster" is a relative term:-). There's some info in the wiki.... Like
> > http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_spam:spamassa
> >ssin:bayes:sql
> >
> > .... And something in the MailWatch package about that (mainly having
> > a nonlocal DB, correct settings for xml-rpc to work etc etc:-).
> >
> > Simplistically you could keep the plaintext config files in sync with
> > any tool ... like rsync...
>
> Sure, but there is a product doing that, the things you mentioned. If you
> have the cashflow to make 2 datacenters you most likely can send some
> towards Julian by supporting the product. You can also do some rsync trics
> but most likely you have to figure that out ytourself.

It's weird - we have two data centres (Boston MA, USA and Sydney AUST), two
MailScanner gateways and I was only pondering today that I really should pull
my finger out and write a combined script that "rsync's" all the configs then
restarts stuff that's changed so I only have to modify the files on one
machine.....

Anyone interested to see my scripting 5ki15 when it's all done?

We run independent bayes databases on each server - they get enough of the
same sort of mail to be "close enough".  If we ever wanted shared a database
I'd put in some sort of funky mysql replication...or something along those
lines anyway (never looked into it in much detail).

Cheers

James
--
Until Eve arrived, this was a man's world.
  -- Richard Armour