Clustering MS

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 30 10:31:53 IST 2005

On 30/08/05, Raymond Dijkxhoorn <raymond at prolocation.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > we are running two datacenters with each using it's own
> > internetconnection. We would like to have one MailScanner Gateway in each
> > location, so in case of a failure the other Gateway will still work. We
> > will register both MailScanner Gateways with the same priority into the
> > DNS, so they will equally receive mail.
> > Now how can I cluster Mailwatch, the spamassassin bayesian db (stored
> > within mysql) and how do I syncronise the configuration???
> > Is there any documentation on this?
>
> Buy the professional version.
>
> Bye,
> Raymond.

"Cluster" is a relative term:-). There's some info in the wiki.... Like
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_spam:spamassassin:bayes:sql

.... And something in the MailWatch package about that (mainly having
a nonlocal DB, correct settings for xml-rpc to work etc etc:-).

Simplistically you could keep the plaintext config files in sync with
any tool ... like rsync...

--
-- Glenn