Possible bug with spam permissions

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Thu Aug 25 09:05:55 IST 2005

On Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:34 PM Julian Field wrote:

> Don't know what happened to my reply to this.

It arrived... :-)

> My opinion was this:
> Could you try the modified version on Linux and Solaris please?

All our MailScanner installations are FreeBSD based... Sorry.

> don't have a FreeBSD box to try it on either. If you want me to, I'll
> put out a beta with the modification in if that's what you want, but
> it will cause grief if it doesn't work on Linux at least.

The question is: Why could this cause trouble at all? On FreeBSD GID would be (in my case)

6 8006 0

on Linux e.g.

6 6 8006 0

I cannot think of a way this could result in trouble. Yet again: We should test it of course. Hopefully some Linux/Solaris guys can help out.

Regards,
  JP