MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Aug 25 09:13:07 IST 2005
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I have just released beta version 4.45.1.
I would be grateful if you could test this release.
One known issue is that the multiple-phishing-net detector does not
work very well. It works some of the time, but needs more work.
And please support MailScanner by buying the book!
The Change Log is quite short at the moment:
* New Features and Improvements *
- - Added MCP patches for SpamAssassin 3.0.4.
- - Added extra output about nodeps switch with install.sh for RPM.
- - Added "no bytes" lines to cancel out "use bytes" as it causes problems
with multi-lingual subject lines.
- - Improved phishing net so that when you have multiple MailScanner
all handling your incoming mail, links caught by the first one
be caught by the following ones. This caused the final message to
multiple warnings about the same link. There is now just 1 warning.
- - New "Quarantine Modified Body" setting, default is "no". This will
all modified messages to be quarantined, including messages which
had their HTML disarmed.
* Fixes *
- - Corrected bayes_file_mode in spam.assassin.prefs.conf on advice from
- - 'MailScanner -v' now prints out the version number of Convert::TNEF.
- - Group memberships problem on BSD fixed. Spam quarantine membership
should now always be correct on BSD systems.
Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP Desktop 9.0.2 (Build 2425)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
------------------------ MailScanner list ------------------------
To unsubscribe, email jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk with the words:
'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and
the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).
Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
More information about the MailScanner