SA RBLs not working?

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Wed Aug 24 15:21:05 IST 2005

On Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:56 PM Martin Hepworth wrote:

> OK so it scored 45+.....and it should be scoring how many before you
> things it's high scoring spam.

It is high scoring spam alright. :-) That's not what I am worrying about. I by accident stumbled across the fact that the RBL should have hit but it did not. Some tests with other spam mails shows that it does not work for them either. I just found a mail scoring barely below the High Scoring limit which should have hit a lot of RBL-lists but did not mark any!

> I find the URI-RBL's are hitting miuch more then the traditional RBLs
> and lot less prone to FP's. So my question is...does it really
> matter. yes it's maybe a problem, but what impact is it having?

I am not currently drowning in Spam as everything is at least marked as Spam. But it makes me think. It _is_ a problem after all and I would like to know whether it's a problem with my setup or with SA itself. :-)

Regards,
  JP