Clamav update problems, mirrors?

James Fagan jfagan at FIRSTLIGHTNETWORKS.COM
Tue Aug 23 19:01:16 IST 2005

Jeff,

You may be stuck and retrieving using the same mirror somehow. In your
case, it updates but only from:

Software version from DNS: 0.86.2
main.cvd version from DNS: 33
main.cvd is up to date (version: 33, sigs: 36102, f-level: 5, builder:
tkojm) daily.cvd version from DNS: 1036 Retrieving
http://database.clamav.net/daily.cvd
Downloading daily.cvd [*]
daily.cvd updated (version: 1036, sigs: 3290, f-level: 5, builder:
arnaud) Database updated (39392 signatures) from database.clamav.net
(IP: 84.18.202.162) Freeing option list...done

That is using the last mirror (last resort and not recommended according
to ClamAV) instead of the db.US.clamav.net. However, there is a list of
of the mirrors on http://www.clamav.net/mirrors.html . I commented out
the other DatabaseMirror entries and added one from the list in the USA,
it seemed to work fine and I was able to retrieve an update after I
moved the dail.cvd.  Might be handy to have a little list of the other
US mirrors incase you get stuck. Of cource I have no idea how often
those mirrors change. Just an idea.