RBL in mailscanner and spamassassin

kfliong kfliong at WOFS.COM
Tue Aug 16 05:14:15 IST 2005

Hi,

As most of us are already using RBL at MTA level, do we still need to use
RBL in mailscanner and spamassassin? I think not as this would waste time
doing triple RBL check.

So, we need to turn off RBL in both mailscanner and spamassassin.

In Mailscanner.conf, I set

Spam List =

to disable RBL.

Then in spam.assassin.prefs.conf, I have

skip_rbl_checks    1

This will skip RBL checking on both mailscanner and spamassassin. So now my
question is, would SURBL be turned off if I put that statement above on
spamassassin? Because I want to leave SURBL on as it can filter some more
RBLs that my MTA level RBL can't detect.

Thanks in advance.