Notify Senders Ruleset

Bill Glick wglick at NCSA.UIUC.EDU
Fri Aug 5 16:54:46 IST 2005

I'm having a hard time getting the various "Notify Senders" options
to work with a ruleset.  I'm wanting to only notify senders if the
sender was one of our users.  But MailScanner continues to notify all
senders rather than just the few I want it to.

Here are my relevant settings:

MailScanner.conf:
> Notify Senders = /usr/services/MailScanner/etc/rules/notify.rules
> Notify Senders Of Viruses = /usr/services/MailScanner/etc/rules/
> notify.rules
> Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames Or Filetypes = /usr/services/
> MailScanner/etc/rules/notify.rules
> Notify Senders Of Other Blocked Content = /usr/services/MailScanner/
> etc/rules/notify.rules
> Never Notify Senders Of Precedence = list bulk

/usr/services/MailScanner/etc/rules/notify.rules:
> # Match user at ncsa.uiuc.edu as well as user at sub.ncsa.uiuc.edu
> From:           /[\@\.]ncsa\.uiuc\.edu$/        yes
> From:           *@*.ncsa.uiuc.edu       yes
> FromOrTo:       default                 no

Am I missing something?  Is my ruleset incorrect?  Do rulesets not
work like I expect here?

I'm currently running MailScanner 4.42.9.

--
Bill Glick