"<your email address> Your application has been approved" etc slipping through

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Fri Aug 5 16:28:04 IST 2005

Jeff,

Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:
> What are some specific subject lines and so forth.  I will see how mine
> is doing.  I have not got any complaints so I am assuming that mine are
> getting caught.
>
> Billy Pumphrey
> IT Manager
> Wooden & McLaughlin

In my case bayes, dcc, razor, uribl, surbl, rhsbl all seem to be
detecting these, the average score for such a spam is ~35+

Are you using bayes, surbl and the likes?

- dhawal

here's my mailwatch summary for one of these

1.80	ADDRESS_IN_SUBJECT	To: address appears in Subject
4.00	BAYES_99	Bayesian spam probability is 99 to 100%
1.61	DNS_FROM_RFC_POST	Envelope sender in postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org
0.06	RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100	Razor2 gives confidence level above 50%
1.51	RAZOR2_CHECK	Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
2.18	RCVD_HELO_IP_MISMATCH	Received: HELO and IP do not match, but should
1.25	RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO	Received: contains an IP address used for HELO
0.42	URIBL_AB_SURBL	Contains an URL listed in the AB SURBL blocklist
3.00	URIBL_BLACK	Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
1.00	URIBL_BULK_MPRHS
4.00	URIBL_JP_SURBL	Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL blocklist
3.21	URIBL_OB_SURBL	Contains an URL listed in the OB SURBL blocklist
4.00	URIBL_SBL	Contains an URL listed in the SBL blocklist
4.26	URIBL_SC_SURBL	Contains an URL listed in the SC SURBL blocklist
1.46	URIBL_WS_SURBL	Contains an URL listed in the WS SURBL blocklist