Bothersome attachment stripping

Steve Hickel smhickel at CHARTERMI.NET
Fri Aug 5 13:02:16 IST 2005

Anybody have any ideas how to fix this?

thanks,

Steve

**

We have a setting somewhere that is driving us nuts...Although we allow ZIP files to pass through, there is a setting somewhere that reads the contents of the ZIP file. If it finds inside the zip file a file with a forbidden extension (BAT, EXE, etc.) it Drops AND DELETES the attachment. We no longer can manually retrieve the attachment like we used to.

Here is an example of an error message embedded in the email text.......
Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed (PrintSign.bat, sample.zip). Please read the "gpco.com-Attachment-Warning.txt" attachment(s) for more information.
Here is the contents of "sample.com-Attachment-Warning.txt".................

This is a message from the MailScanner E-Mail Virus Protection Service
The original e-mail attachment "sample.zip"
is on the list of unacceptable attachments for this site and has been
replaced by this warning message.

Due to limitations placed on us by the Regulation of Investigatory Powers
Act 2000, we were unable to keep a copy of the original attachment.