SophosSAVI - All messages treated as Virus

Spicer, Kevin KevinS at BMRB.CO.UK
Fri Aug 5 10:25:07 IST 2005

Just a heads up to the list on a problem I experienced this morning...

If your sophos install becomes outdated SophosSAVI starts generating
error messages...
SophosSAVI: msg-25649-71.txt caused an error: The main body of virus
data is out of date (542)
This causes _every_message_ to be treated as a virus!  Even the virus
alerts sent to the postmaster, as you can imagine this causes the
problem to snowball!!

I know I should keep my Sophos installation up to date, but I have three
other virus scanners anyway and just missed it this time around.

The quick fix for me was to add "The main body of virus data is out of
date" to Allowed Sophos Error Messages (followed, of course, by a Sophos
upgrade).  You may like to consider doing the same.

Kevin

BMRB
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB Limited accepts no liability
in relation to any personal emails, or content of any email which
does not directly relate to our business.