BlueQuartz problem

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 09:03:00 IST 2005

On 04/08/05, darren <darren at torsion.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have just tried to install Mailscanner on a BlueQuartz installation, which
> is Fedora Core 1 and an open source copy of the Cobalt Raq 550. I had to
> install most of the dependencies by hand because the installer failed over
> and over.
>

> Eventually I managed to install the whole thing, but when I do a MailScanner
> status I get the following, and it doesn't seem to be scanning emails
>

> Cannot open config file status, No such file or directory at
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 592.
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 65.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 65.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks
Um, AFAICS that would require the file "status" to be an alternative
MailScanner.conf ... Probably not what you want;-).

If BlueQuartz is anything like an RH system you might be after the
"service" command(?)...
service MailScanner status
which would run the init-script (perhaps situated in
/etc/init.d/MailScanner) with the status option... Would be equivalent
with
/etc/init.d/MailScanner status
assuming, of course, that /etc/init.d is the path to the init-scripts:-).

Using ps ("ps xww|grep MailScanner|grep -v grep") or reading the mail
log would be better indicators as to whether it works or not.

BTW, I read the list, so no need to mail me directly;-).
--
-- Glenn