Want to be sure this program is what I need

Aaron Bridge abridge at HQTRS.COM
Tue Aug 2 20:16:08 IST 2005

What would you suggest for the MTA and POP/IMAP Server?

-----Original Message-----
Of Glenn Steen
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 4:12 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Want to be sure this program is what I need

On 02/08/05, Aaron Bridge <abridge at hqtrs.com> wrote:
> We have 55 users.  Email is extremely important. Four hour downtime
> would be extremely bad for me.  I don't even want to think about a
> full day of no email.
>
> Aaron

Sounds to me as if you should explore setting up your own MTA and POP/IMAP
server then (bringing the email home, so to speak:-). This might sound as a
lot of wourk, and it actually might be that initially (reading up on things,
configuring&testing&....), but in the long run you'll be gratified by having
more control over the whole email process.  If you decide to do that, then
MailScanner is definitely for you.

--
-- Glenn

mailscanner' in the body of the email. Before posting, read the Wiki
(http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and the archives
(http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).