MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Stable 4.41 released
MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Apr 30 21:58:35 IST 2005
[ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set. ]
[ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set. ]
[ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]
I have just released the latest stable release 4.41.
The major changes this month are:
- Solaris 10 support
- AMD64 Fedora Core 3 support
- * wildcards in phishing.safe.sites.conf
- Improved support of deep RAR archives
- Support for ClamAV 0.84 and SpamAssassin 3.0.3 in ClamAV+SA tarball
- Several phishing net improvements
Download it from www.mailscanner.info as usual.
The full Change Log for this month is:
* New Features and Improvements *
- Improved install.sh to work on AMD64 Fedora Core 3 systems.
- Added * wildcard support to phishing.safe.sites.conf, so you can list
*.safedomain.com instead of having to list subdomains and other servers
individually. Useful for listing your own domain.
- Improved IPv6 support as sendmail on Linux adds "IPv6:" on the front of
the IPv6 SMTP client address.
- Improved support for \ characters in URLs in phishing net.
- Better handling of subdirectories in RAR archives.
- Duplicates removed in quarantine postmaster notice.
- Added filetype entry to allow PostScript files.
- Improved phishing net by adding detector for numeric IPs which do match
but warn as they might be part of a fraud.
- Added new entry to languages.conf which needs translating.
- Improved phishing net to improve handling of numbered website references
automatically inserted by some Unix text-only email clients.
- Improved handling of ClamAV output when it scanned zero-length
- Updated phishing net safe-sites list.
- Added comment to MailScanner.conf about Maxium Archive Depth being a
- Changed default auto-whitelisting to "no".
- Installation support for Solaris 10, in main ./install.sh and ClamAV-SA
- Changed blacklisting so it doesn't override whitelisting if you always
want to get the SpamAssassin results header.
So if you whitelist an address at domain.com and blacklist *@domain.com,
it works as you would expect it to.
- Upgraded ClamAV+SA tarball to SpamAssassin 3.0.3 and ClamAV 0.84.
* Fixes *
- RAR archive handling: creation of directory only archive entries, both
windows and *nix created archives (caused problems for SAVI).
- RAR archive handling: possible false Encrypted file trigger on file names
containing the word "Encrypted".
- RAR archive handling: full path names used when extracting archived files,
extracted to safe file name without out path.
- Removed harmless error message when clearing out empty working directories
at startup in debug mode.
- Fixed problem where using rulesets to scan messages for dangerous content
but not for viruses would cause the messages to be scanned by viruses
- Fixed problem where filename/type checks were still being done on messages
which had rulesets saying they should not do dangerous content checking.
- Fixed problem in tar distribution install script where it would not
correctly find the installed tnef expander binary.
Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
Professional Support Services at www.MailScanner.biz
MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
------------------------ MailScanner list ------------------------
To unsubscribe, email jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk with the words:
'leave mailscanner-announce' in the body of the email.
Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and
the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).
Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
More information about the MailScanner