can't get rid of *.header files in MS's incoming dir

Spike Cacti spike_cacti at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 28 17:02:25 IST 2005

I upgraded from 4.35.11 to 4.40.11 and I now have this
problem...
(.header files stay in the incoming directory after
processing...)

I use postfix 2.0.16, SpamAssassin 3.0.2 and ClamAV

I ran MailScanner with debug but saw nothing
special...

Im also running /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming in
TMPFS (ram)

All permissions look ok on
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming and on the header
files (postfix:postfix with 600)

Anyone knows what module in MailScanner is supposed to
take care of this ?

Spike

Check that all your paths specifed in MailScanner.conf
are real absolute paths and none of them involve any
symlinks. Also check the permissions on
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming.
Do you get any errors in the maillog? Are these files
being created with the right owner and permissions?

Aldas wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have been using MS for long time , almost from the
project begining,
> i have to say it is really great program and i
really enjoy it. My old
> system is running on Redhat 6.2 with sendmail 8.11.6
and MS 4.32.5

> Now i am setting up new system on Gentoo with ldap
authentification,
> Postfix 2.1.5 & MS 4.37.7 Everything seems to work
perfect except one
> anoying problem, after each message was scanned and
delivered there is
> *.header file left in incoming dir. After some time
i have huge amount
> of those header files and seems they are not going
to disapear. I've
> looked MS's conf file for 10x, searched google and
FAQs with no
> success. If someone has any ideas i'll be very
thankful

--
Julian Field

PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947
1415 B654