ANNOUNCE: beta release 4.41.2

Chuck Foster chuck.foster at STREAMSHIELD.COM
Thu Apr 28 11:45:49 IST 2005

I have just released a new beta 4.41.2.
This is mostly a bugfix from 4.41.1.
The next version will be based on this one, so please file your bug
reports :-)

Hi Julian,

I noticed that the date code still had that slight race condition that I
reported before; I've included the previous message below!

Chuck

-----------

Hi,

Finally had time to play with the new MailScanner code, and looked at the
changes made from below. One thing that I've realised now that I hadn't
before is that the originating time() value isn't being kept, which meant
that it wasn't available to my custom functions as I'd hoped - having to
parse the string to get the hours and minutes out is a bit painful!

A simple addition to the new function to keep that value would be very
useful; I used 'dateval' for that in my code:

  # Set the date string and number
  $this->{dateval} = time;
  $this->{datestring} = scalar localtime($this->{dateval});
  my ($day, $month, $year) = (localtime($this->dateval))[3,4,5];
  $this->{datenumber} = sprintf("%04d%02d%02d", $year+1900, $month+1, $day);

This also avoided the (very very slight!) situation where the day changes
between the setting of datestring and datenumber in the original code, which
both called a fresh time in localtime().

Also, there are a couple of points in the code that still call TodayDir() in
the archiving (Message.pm line 669,3982, MCPMessage.pm line 372) which could
conceivably end up with different dates - any plans to move those to
$this->{datenumber} too? (unless I missed something obvious!)

Best Wishes,
Chuck

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this
email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy
by an authorized signatory.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and potentially
harmful content by StreamShield Protector.