Whitelists + blacklists

Wayne wayne at NIGHTSOL.NET
Wed Apr 27 17:27:58 IST 2005

Ok, for anybody who is interested here is how I fixed this.
Im using postfix so I changed it so that postfix did not hold mail for
wayne at nightsol.net

Postfix follows restrictions in the following order
1. smtpd_client_restrictions
2. smtpd_helo_restrictions
3. smtpd_sender_restrictions
4. smtpd_recipient_restrictions

So in my main.cf I have placed:
smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated
And also:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_unauth_destination,
          check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/access.recipient,
static:hold

/etc/postfix/access.recipient contains
wayne at nightsol.net  OK

static:hold above tells postfix to hold the mail for MailScanner which isnt
Coming from authenticated users.
Reason I have done it this way is that I also use the mailserver for
outgoing mail using SMTP Auth.

I know this is postfix specific but it might be of help to somebody in the
same situation as me down the line.

Regards,
 Wayne