Cluster of MailScanners

Pentland G. G.Pentland at SOTON.AC.UK
Mon Apr 25 23:13:39 IST 2005

Julian,

As you know my site...

The one with more load is the one that was built first and hence
available through the firewall first, not in the zone file first.

Maybe spammers cache/log IP addresses?

Never got to the bottom of it but don't really mind, if it is struggling
I just shut it down for ten minutes as any real mail will queue or
choose another MX and I'll lose a few hundred spams without bothering
with the CPU time to check them.

Gary