MailScanner stops working after dying of old child

Muenz, Michael linux at LEUTE.SERVER.DE
Mon Apr 25 12:09:15 IST 2005

Hi,

I had a working MailScanner setup version 4.35.11 since it was released.
Last weak I've updated to 4.40.11 and all works fine till Friday.
This was the last message from MailScanner in the logs:

Apr 22 22:00:43 pns MailScanner[18317]: MailScanner child dying of old age
Apr 22 22:00:44 pns MailScanner[28564]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner
version 4.40.11 starting...
Apr 22 22:00:44 pns MailScanner[28564]: Using locktype = flock

After that Postfix delivered all mails to deferred queue but MailScanner
didn't anything. A restart of MailScanner fixed all, but there were no
errors
that I can post.
My Postfix version is 2.0.20 and all modules are up2date.
With earlier versions I never had any problems.

Any ideas?

- Michael