sendmail queuewarn and queuereturn not working after used MailScanner?

Charles charles at AIB.NET
Mon Apr 25 04:44:02 IST 2005

Dear all,

I found that after used MailScanner, the sendmai's queuewarn /
queuereturn function stop working.

I've set the sendmail queuewarn time to 5min, and verified this works by
sending a test e-mail to a host which has no smtp service running.

If I start sendmail alone, after I sent the test e-mail, the warning
e-mail from sendmail is returned in 5 minutes and said that it will keep
trying. But if I start MailScanner, after sent the test e-mail there is
no warning e-mail returned and the job is just sit in the queue!!

The config is Fedora Core 2, MailScanner 4.40.11, sendmail 8.13.4,
MailScanner & sendmail in same machine.

Actually there is same problem at our production server, but I didn't
aware it for quite some time! (RedHat 8.0, MailScanner 4.29.7, sendmail
8.12.8, MailScanner & sendmail in same machine)

Is it by design or I still need other changes to make sendmail's
queuewarn and queuereturn works again?

Thanks,
Charles