ClamAv updater failed

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Fri Apr 22 09:59:10 IST 2005

Steen, Glenn wrote:
> [...]

If freshclam is working fine, the next thing to check is this parameter
in MailScanner.conf..

Monitors for ClamAV Updates = /var/clamav/*.cvd (my value)
Monitors for ClamAV Updates = /usr/local/share/clamav/*.cvd (default value)

Also clamav-autoupdate (in my case) requires the presence of
/usr/local/bin/freshclam (default rpm path being /usr/bin/freshclam), so
a softlink should do the trick iff (if and only if) required.

- dhawal