SuSE 9.2 rcMailScanner startup script

Dirk Enrique Seiffert ds at CARIBENET.COM
Wed Apr 20 00:30:34 IST 2005

El Lun 18 Abr 2005 11:08, Drew Marshall escribió:
> Dirk Enrique Seiffert said:
> > I am running MailScanner 4.40.11 on SuSE 9.2 Professional with a
> > selfcompiled
> > postfix-2.1.5-3.2. Postfix runs in chroot environment. Installation was
> > no problem at all. The SuSE package worked out of the box. as discribed
> > install
> > instructions for postfix on www.mailscanner.info .
> >
> > Staring MailScanner with rcMailScanner start I get:
> >
> > Initializing incoming postfixInitializing outgoing postfix failed
>
> I spent a while playing with this. It's because Postfix is started by Suse
> automatically (And Yast won't let you turn it off) and MailScanner tries
> to start Postfix as well and gets a failure (Which is what the start up
> script is reporting). I found by tweeking the start up script I could get
> rid of the error (Which as you correctly say, is cosmetic).
I set chkconfig postfix off, so postfix gets called from the rcMailScanner
script. Do you remember which modification you did in the startup script?

Thanks a lot

Enrique

> Drew
>

> --
> In line with our policy, this message has
> been scanned for viruses and dangerous
> content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.
> www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

Dirk Enrique Seiffert
CaribeNet S.A. - Cartagena - Colombia
www.caribenet.com