MailScanner's SA wants it's Mommy...

Dave Duffner - PSCGi webalizer at NWCWEB.COM
Tue Apr 19 15:18:08 IST 2005

        Yep, that setting has been in place for quite some time
and even in the Headers it's noting autolearn is disabled.  Even
though it's pointless in the 3.0X version, we've even used that
switch in the mailscanner.conf file to see if that had any effect
or was causing an override of the one you list above - nada.

        Now you mention 'make sure it's off in the "user" MS runs
as that dir?  Can you be a bit more specific as I'm not getting
a grip on how/where that might be?

        If I take it as-is above, you're saying if MS is run as
Root then there's a conf file for just the Root user that needs
that switch as well?  That'd be a new one on me...

> What about other settings, is that OK for spamassassin - ie
> obeying the spam.assassin.prefs.conf????

        Far as I can see, it's doing everything else according to
the settings in that conf file you mention.  The only bug that
seems apparent is that SA isn't run on every e-mail as it should
(and was with previous versions).  Looks like it missed about 10%
of the incoming mail, you can see in the headers that MS handled
it, but there's no SA notes at all.  We may have changed settings
in such a way that it won't modify headers for those messages
with a 0.0 rating, or the MS/SA upgraded versions may do that by
default so that could be a false situation.  But it tags all
messages with an MS info section, just not all with an SA tag.

> AWL in 3.0x is a bit of a PITA, quite q few people have
> trouble with it, and I thinks lots of things have been fixed
> for the upcoming 3.1 release.
> --
> Martin Hepworth

        Yep, that I've noticed in the threads.  I'll be looking
forward to that fix, just hope Ensim can handle the integration
as we had to wait until just recently to get their patch to
upgrade it without fouling everything up.