MailScanner Scan Subject

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 19:49:05 IST 2005

You need to create a SpamAssassin rule that adds to the spam score of
the message. You then use the spam scoring required scores in
MailScanner.conf to make your target messages get treated as spam.

As an example of a rule, try this:

In /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf add this:

header MYRULE_1 Subject =~ /blah blah/i
describe MYRULE_1 The Subject: contains blah blah
score MYRULE_1 10.0

Then restart (not just reload) MailScanner
    service MailScanner restart

After that if you get a message whose Subject: header contains "blah
blah" in any combination of upper/lower case, 10 points will be added to
the spam score of the message. Decide what you want to do with it by
using the Spam settings in /etc/MailScanner.conf.

For more info about the SpamAssassin rule structure, read "man
Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf" and look in the *.cf files which will be in
your SpamAssassin installation somewhere, often under /usr/lib/perl5
which you could search with
    find /usr/lib/perl5 -name '*.cf' -print

If you find this helpful, please take a couple of minutes to add it to
the wiki documentation website at wiki.mailscanner.info.

--
Julian Field