Ubuntu (debian-unstable) + Mailscanner + Postfix (fixed typo)

Tristan RHODES TristanRhodes at WEBER.EDU
Wed Apr 13 20:59:19 IST 2005

(I have updated the name of the setting below.  "/var/lib/Mailscanner"
should be "/var/lib/MailScanner" )

>>> TristanRhodes at WEBER.EDU 04/13/05 1:22 PM >>>
Thank you Peter, Drew, and Julian for your help.

As Drew said, this was caused by Razor placing a file in the queue
directory.  I needed to edit the
"/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf" file and add a line that
says...

razor_config /var/lib/MailScanner

(Ubuntu 5.04 does not have a "/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin"
directory, but it does have "/var/lib/MailScanner" directory that
contains the Bayes database.)

Everything appears to be working correctly without any errors.  Great
to have such a talented and friendly mailing list.

Tristan Rhodes

P.S.  Installing Razor is as easy as typing "apt-get install razor".
No sweat.

Peter Russell wrote:

> You need to install razor properly. Its a buggar.
>
> But temporarily make your postfix account so you can log in with it,
> switch to it and then create razor, then change the conf file to log
> dev/null
>
> I am sure there is an easier way but i dont know it :)

In spam.assassin.prefs.conf just add
razor_config /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin

and that will set razor to log to .razor in that directory (Or indeed
where ever you wish it to set it's home directory to). It's only
because
MS runs as the user postfix, who happens to have it's home directory
as
/var/spool/postfix so drops it's log file in the queue directory,
which
Postfix doesn't like.

Drew