Sendmail not moving files to mqueue.in

Carol Gibbons cgibbons at TAHC.STATE.TX.US
Wed Apr 13 19:00:25 IST 2005

Hi there,

We've been running mailscanner with sendmail on a Mac OS X 10.2.8 server
for quite awhile. I had to rebuild the server using an image this past
week. But, now mailscanner won't interact with sendmail. I reset the
permissions and owner for various directories that sendmail needs root as
owner. I made sure mqueue.in has same perms as mqueue. But, ever since the
rebuild, sendmail will not place incoming mail into the mqueue.in
directory. I checked the sendmail.cf  file
(/System/Library/StartupItems/Sendmail/sendmail) and the mailscanner
settings are there to correctly route to mqueue.in. And, mailscanner is
running and sendmail is running.

Any ideas?  Any help is appreciated.

Carol