netiquette on "wiki" website

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 19:14:24 IST 2005

I see the wiki as somewhere to answer questions, not to ask them.

Feel free to add a "desired features" list page.

If there is a section that is blank, that is because no-one has
volunteered to write content to fill it.

As I said in the announcement, please contribute information which would
be useful to others. It is not a replacement for the mailing list. Don't
expect to pose questions there and have them answered, that's what the
list is for. However, if you get a useful response to a good question
from the list, please add the response to the wiki in a helpful place
where others can find it.

The "upgrade_MailScanner_conf" script tells you what has been added
since you last upgraded. You should read the relevant comments in the
MailScanner.conf file for each of these new settings.

Why would you want to archive or delete an old MailScanner version when
installing a new one?

William Burns wrote:

> What is proper netiquette for this site?
>
> For example, is it ok to do this?
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_spam:rbls:infinite_monkeys
>

> Would it be appropriate to add another page for questions that we feel
> are not answered by the FAQ/MAQ?
> How 'bout a "desired features" list?
>
> I noticed that the "upgrade" section is blank.
> What kind of info belongs here?
>
> Should there be a list of MailScanner.conf variables that got added at
> each version, so that people can see what new configs they might have to
> deal with when they upgrade through multiple new versions?
> Should there be a procedure for archiving/removing all old mailscanner
> files in preparation for a new mailscanner version?
> Both?
>
> -Bill
>
> Julian Field wrote:
>
>> Currently it is in need of some more content, so I would really
>> appreciate it if you could take a look around and fill in the gaps
>> wherever you have something useful to contribute.

>> *** The Wiki is at http://wiki.mailscanner.info/
>>
>> Many thanks to Ugo in particular for making this happen.

Julian Field